Friday, March 11, 2016

An Anti-Abortion Bill even Republicans do not support

In American culture, there are three topics to never talk about with others: money, religion, and politics. Of course there are plenty of us who do, but it takes guts to do so. Today,  I will be giving my input on a post about abortion rights by Tara Culp-Ressler of Think Process blog. In her post, she writes about an inhumane anti-abortion bill that is struggling to get support in Indiana, even Republicans are not wanting to endorse the bill. However, the bill was passed in both chambers of the legislature this week. Under this new bill it states that women would be prohibited from seeking an abortion if they discover their fetus has genetic abnormalities. In the post, she shares a statement from a Planned Parenthood which express in words, “the legislation is particularly cruel in that it’s designed to shame and demean a woman who is facing tragic circumstances with a lethal fetal anomaly.” Surprisingly, many Republicans are against the bill and share much concern to why it should not become a law. As a non-republican, I stand by the republicans on this one.

I will start off with my opinion on abortion. I stand for abortion for many reasons, but with certain circumstances. For example, I believe only early stage abortions can be done. Abortion can be done as early as 5-6 weeks. At that point, the pregnancy is considered to be in embryo development. There is an inadequate amount of education on abortion, which leads to a lot of uneducated anti-abortionist who goes along with the media and other influential agents. Now that I have let off some steam on my personal view on abortion, I can now let some more off on this harsh bill. The bill does not even do anything for the abnormal baby, but instead it demands women to suffer from an uncontrolled situation. To increase the chance of killing a mother by having a lethal fetus inside her just does not seem logical to me. What if that mother was single and had other children to take care of? To risk a life of mother and take a mother from her children is just cruel to me.

No comments: